Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Road to Ruin

The full title of this is "The Road to Ruin (is Lined with Motherly Intentions). The drawings from this series starts my series about internal journeys, chiefly about infertility. I stepped away from painting for a long time and went back to drawing. It seemed easier and more natural to draw, more back to basics. The drawings from this time are all graphite, pastel maybe a little bit of gouache. but just a touch.
It felt really good to draw. So much easier than moving paint around--trying to mold it to what I wanted it to do. A lot less planning, too.
An important part of the planning of these images was the frame. I chose an antique frame for each of these to correspond with the artwork. So.. why didn't I post the picture with the piece in the frame? That's a good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment