Sunday, February 21, 2010

Suburb


Suburb is a really large drawing, approximately 36" x 42". I"m just guessing at that, because I can't remember off the top of my head. It is charcoal and pastel on Hahnemuhle pastel paper.
This is a favorite of mine from a series of drawings that I did about crows. All of the drawings are all done with charcoal and black pastel and black conte, so they are all dark and moody. I was exploring the parallels between how crows act and how humans act. But this one turned out to be more about how I feel about living in Suburbia.
This drawing now belongs to some really good friends of mine (with great taste) who bought it for their home and hung it in their dining room. It has been featured in a photo shoot of their dining room in the December 2009 issue of Southern Lady magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment